I usually keep myself away from kitchen, more for its well being than mine. So you can imagine my surprise when I felt like preparing my own breakfast today. It is highly unlikely of me, trust me, but the recipe I saw on a fun food blog seemed too easy, even for an amateur like me.
And so I got down to making chocolate pancakes, the recipe of which is as follows:
- An egg
- 2 bananas
- Peanut butter
- 2 tsp ugar
- Half a cup of lour
- Chocolate/cocoa powder (I used milo powder as a substitute)
- Chocolate sauce (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and blend them into a viscous batter.
- Add some butter to a frying pan and put a scoop of your batter on it.
- Let it heat until it is properly cooked and bubbles start forming on the surface. That’s when you know that it is time to flip it.
- Cook from the other side in the same manner until the pancakes are a nice brown colour.
- Pour chocolate sauce on them and serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
So that is how it should have gone, except I was a first timer so my pancakes turned out pretty out of shape and really dark ( but that is probably because I went wild with milo). In my defense, they tasted just fine! My sister, who is a picky eater, liked them too, so that is a score. Also, I did not have any ice cream so I made use of whipped cream instead.
It was a fun experience overall and I think I might just befriend my kitchen from now. I am sorry I cannot share my pancakes’ pictures, but they really did taste good. Take my word on it. That is all for now, let’s hear your kitchen stories?